If you want your business to be able to enter into transactions online with customers, then an eCommerce website is needed.
eCommerce Websites draw on technologies such as electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, mobile commerce, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems.
Your business may wish to achieve any of the following:
- Online shopping for customers
- Business-to-business (B2B) buying and selling
- Gathering and using demographic data through web contacts and social media
- B2B electronic data interchange
- Marketing to prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters)
- and more…
A Custom Website build may or may not include an eCommerce solution, depending on what your business needs.
Building a custom website for your business, would be required when specific templates, themes and funtionality is not available for what your business is requiring and therefore unique programming and web building is needed to obtain the appropriate website for you.